19.7.11

to make the heart soar.....

beautiful excerpts from the poetry of e.e. cummings




.......here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.........
(from 'i carry your heart with me')






......i will wade out
till my thighs are steeped in burning flowers
I will take the sun in my mouth
and leap into the ripe air
Alive
with closed eyes
to dash against darkness.....
(from "i will wade out")






........who'll solve the depths of horror to defend
a sunbeam's architecture with his life:
and carve immortal jungles of despair
to hold a mountain's heartbeat in his hand.........
(e.e. cummings, selected poems 1923-58)






i have found what you are like the rain
(Who feathers frightened fields with the superior dust-of-sleep. wields easily the pale club of the wind and swirled justly souls of flower strike
the air in utterable coolness deeds of green thrilling light
with thinned new fragile yellows
lurch and press —in the woods which stutter and sing And the coolness of your smile is stirring of birds between my arms; but i should rather than anything have (almost when hugeness will shut quietly) almost,
your kiss


(from 'i have found what you are like')

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you peeps :-) Leave me a message and I will come and check out your blog too! xo